Meet Title 24 Compliance with Energy Efficient Lighting and HVAC Controls
California’s Title 24 – the California Building Standards Code – ensures that all new buildings and those undergoing substantial renovations throughout the state adhere to strict guidelines to achieve energy efficiency and preserve both outdoor and indoor environmental quality. The simplest and easiest way to reduce lighting in buildings is to automatically turn off lights and manage HVAC temperatures when rooms are not occupied. There are key provisions within Title 24 that require hotel operators to more effectively manage energy use by:
- Automatically shutting off guest room lighting within 30 minutes of the room being vacated
- Requiring that at least one-half of all receptacles are controlled, and are automatically shut off within 30 minutes of the room being vacated
- Automatically raising temperatures by +/- 5°F (+/- 3°C) in cooling mode and lowering temperatures by +/- 5°F (+/- 3°C) in heating mode within 30 minutes of the room being vacated
- Installing thermostats with numeric setpoints, with established setpoint stops which are accessible only to authorized personnel
- Limiting the ability of guests to adjust the setpoint by more than +/- 5°F (+/- 3°C) above or below the established setpoint stop in heating or cooling mode
Our Title 24 Solution
The Evolve Connected Room Solution is ideally positioned to comply with California Title 24 through our suite of thermostats, lighting controls, receptacles, door contacts and card key systems. Our lighting, shading and HVAC control products are designed to meet today’s rigorous energy codes and standards.
Sample Floor Plan
The following sample floor plan illustrates where our full line of Title-24 compliant devices are typically installed.