Evolve Controls delivers turnkey room automation, control, and monitoring solutions that help create memorable guest experiences while significantly reducing energy and operational costs. Our key areas of expertise include climate control, lighting control, shading & drapery, managed services, project management, and installation & support. Our flexible ROC platform combines intelligent in-room controls with simple to use cloud-based software accessible from any web-enabled device.
At Evolve, we’re building solutions that implement simply, run powerfully, and deliver a level of guest satisfaction that goes above and beyond.
The Field Engineer/Technician is primarily responsible for delivering and servicing Evolve systems and devices in the US and Canada. The job requires a knowledge in the fields of Z-wave and cloud based services. The Field Engineer must act professional, be comfortable training small and medium sized groups, and have a strong desire for continued learning as technology and business initiatives evolve.
Daily Tasks include the following:
Supports the day-to-day operational aspects of Evolve projects both remotely and onsite.
- Works independently or in conjunction with the Evolve Engineering team to install, program, and troubleshoot systems and devices. Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Documents and tracks projects through cloud software.
- Understands software and communication protocol.
- Inspects installations for conformance with design and programming specifications.
Works with employees, contractors and vendors on client engagements and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with on-site managers to ensure proper system and device installation.
- Assists subcontractors in the field troubleshooting installations.
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
Provides Customer support and training both onsite and remotely.
- Resolves customer issues through effective communication and troubleshooting.
- Provides support to customers to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Provides immediate customer assistance for emergency and URGENT fixes.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to the company’s mission. Takes an active interest in learning and contributing to the team.
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment.
- Persuasive and focused on customer satisfaction.
- 4-year college degree or a 2 year technical college.
- Prefer some experience with HVAC and/or lighting controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in TCP/IP/Networking preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Office Suite including MS Azure preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving/organizational skills with a proven ability to plan and deliver results.
Location & Benefits
- This role is based in the Western United States. Requires 50- 70% travel to customer sites within territory or Evolve offices.
- 100% company paid healthcare package, life insurance, short-term disability & long-term disability and Dental coverage.
- Additional benefits include PTO, paid holidays and 401k plan.
- This salaried position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Field Engineers must have a valid driver’s license and a current passport.
- Regular travel with equipment requires frequent lifting of bags that weigh up to 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
If you are interested, please apply at: http://www.evolvecontrols.com/apply-now/