Evolve Controls is defining the future of connected spaces. Our proven, highly intuitive room automation platform creates memorable guest experiences while reducing costs and providing sustainable and environmental friendly spaces. Our scalable platform guides your technical road map, solving today’s needs and tomorrows problems.
Evolve designs, installs and monitors solutions for any company seeking connected rooms. We offer services for numerous markets, with a strong focus on hospitality. To learn more about these solutions visit: www.evolvecontrols.com
The Device Engineer is primarily responsible for determining device compatibility and performing firmware validation.
Including but not limited to:
- Design and perform experiments on lighting devices, thermostats, occupancy sensors, multi-protocol controllers.
- Integrate and certify new/existing devices in our ecosystem.
- Troubleshoot Electrical devices, both hardware and firmware, in field and lab.
- Analyze technical requirements and effort associated with test systems and products.
- Determine firmware functional requirements, validate that firmware meets requirements.
- Develop detailed electrical and software/firmware system requirements and design documentation.
- Work with the engineering departments of our OEM hardware device partners to triage, qualify, and resolve device performance issues.
- Review lighting specifications for compatibility.
- Create/maintain the list of compatible lighting fixtures.
- Generate engineering documents, including, diagnostics, flowcharts, and project status reports.
Experience & Education
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum of 4 year experience in a similar position.
- Experience in multiple RF communication protocols (Z-wave, Zigbee, etc.)
- Working knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Ability to write SQL queries to retrieve and analysis relevant data.
- Knowledge of general lab measurements and strong functional understanding and working knowledge of test equipment (i.e.- power supplies, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power meters).
- Room Control system installation, commissioning, and startup.
- Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, organize effectively and document work thoroughly.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Thrives under pressure and meets product introduction schedules.
Location & Benefits
- Full-time salaried position.
- Evolve Pays 100% for Employee Benefits including a Comprehensive healthcare package with PPO, Dental, Life insurance, short-term disability & long-term disability coverage. Additional benefits available include 401K with match, Vision Insurance and supplemental life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
If you are interested, please apply at: http://www.evolvecontrols.com/apply-now/